Public Works Permits

Before applying for a permit with us, make sure that your project location is within the City of San Rafael's jurisdiction by using the map below:

City of San Rafael's Jurisdiction Map

Construction activities in the public right of way

The removal or deposition of earth material

Required for transportation of large vehicle loads

Construction related to sewer laterals

For major planning projects, please visit the Community Development department's webpage


DPW Permits Team
415.485.3355, Option 2

Close window