If you need a temporary “No Parking” zone, the Parking Services Division provides "Tow-Away" signs and "meter bags" for use during construction work and special events.
Temporary "No Parking" signs & meter bags are required to inform the public that vehicles parked in the posted "No Parking" spaces, will be towed to clear the space required for the work or event.
- "No Parking" signs & meter bags shall be used to reserve the necessary parking space for a special event such as construction work, commercial or residential moves and other similar needs.
- Signs & meter bags are not intended to be used for parking of a personal vehicle.
- These signs & meter bags do not supersede existing parking and traffic regulations, like street cleaning signs, No Stopping signs or Red Color curb zones.
|Un-metered areas:||“No Parking” signs must be posted by the applicant (and verified by San Rafael Police Dept), no less than seventy-two (72) hours prior to the enforcement start time. Signs may be obtained at the Parking Services office. Get a request form.||Fees
1st sign: $50
Each additional sign: $4
|Metered spaces:||Meter Bags or “No Parking” signs will be posted on meters by the Parking Division, the day before the enforcement start time. Get a request form.||Fees
1st meter, 1st day: $66
Each additional meter/per day: $16
- Please first determine whether or not your event requires an Encroachment Permit from Department of Public Works.
- Download the request form here. Forms & payment must be received by our office at least 1 week prior to placement date.
- Complete & read the form in its entirety.
- Bring the completed form to our office along with your payment.
- If you have sufficient time, you may email in your form and send payment (check or bill pay) by mail to address listed below.
For further information about temporary signage, please send us an email, or come to our office located at: 1400 Fifth Ave. San Rafael, CA 94901.
Office hours are: 9:00am-5:00pm Tuesday-Thursday at City Hall 1400 5th Avenue. We are also open at the Al Boro Community Center on Mondays and Fridays from 10:00am-5:00pm