Parking Rates & Citation Fines
|On-street meters||$1.50 / hour|
|Off-street lots (metered & un-metered)||$0.75 / hour|
|A & C Street garages||$1.00 / hour ($10 max)|
|Failure to comply with street markings or signs||$65.00|
|Red zone / No parking anytime||$65.00|
|Parked in crosswalk||$65.00|
|Blocking driveway (may be towed)||$65.00|
|Parked in blue zone (without placard)||$275.00|
|Parked in bus zone||$250.00|
|Expired tabs (correctable)||$93.00 ($10 if corrected within 35 days of issuance)|
When do I have to pay?
|On-street meters & lots||Mon-Sat, 8 am - 6 pm (Walgreens lot 8 am - 8 pm)|
|City garages||Mon-Sat, 6 am - 11 pm|
Where can I find Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations downtown?
- City Hall parking lot: 1400 Fifth Avenue
- 3rd/Cijos Street parking lot
- Fifth/Lootens Place parking lot
- A Street Garage (near 4th/A Street)
- C Street Garage (near 4th/C Street)
- Download our Downtown Parking Map with EV charging locations info
Where can I find all-day (10-hour) parking/meters?
- 3rd & Lootens Place Parking Structure (Upper level only) (LOT)
- 1550 4th Street (limited to 2 meters in rear of LOT)
- Fifth Avenue & C Street (Lower level only; temporarily due to nearby construction) (LOT)
- 800 Block of Lindaro Street, East side (Between 2nd & 3rd Sts)
- 1100 Block of Tamalpais Street (West side of railroad tracks)
- Ritter Street (Between 2nd & 3rd Sts)
- 800 and 900 Blocks of E Street (Between 2nd & 4th Sts)
What do the colors on the curbs mean?
|Yellow||Active Loading / Unloading; 20 minute maximum enforced 7am-6pm except Sundays & Holidays|
|White||Passenger Loading / Unloading; 3 minute maximum enforced 7am-6pm except Sundays & Holidays|
|Green||Limited to time posted on curb or sign; 20 minute maximum enforced 7am-6pm except Sundays & Holiday|
|Blue||Restricted to vehicles with disabled persons displaying in clear sight valid placards OR with license plates|
|Red||No Parking Anytime|
Need a receipt for your parking meter payment?
Visit MyParkingReceipt.com to view, download, and print receipts for credit card payments at downtown San Rafael parking meters. You may create an account and set up your credit card(s) to automatically email you a receipt any time you park at any "IPS" parking meter.