**ATTN CUSTOMERS** Effective 1/1/2023 all Building Permits issued after this date will be valid for 2 years. Minor permits such as water heater & furnaces, etc. will be valid for 180 days only. If your permit is not Finaled by the expiration date you will need to pay a renewal fee.
New Structures, Remodels, Additions, Decks, Repairs, Accessory Structures, Accessory Dwelling Units, Pools Etc.
Anyone can apply for a permit online, but if this is your first time applying, you will need to create a user account.
Property owners, Architects, Agents, etc: You can create an account in the permitting portal
Contractors: To apply for permits you will need to be logged into your account. To request an account click here if you do not already have one.
- All online “General Permit Requiring Plan Review” once received will be “Under Review” and could take up to 3 weeks for your initial review to be completed. If your plans received corrections or additional information is needed you can view those notices online in the permit portal.
- When applying you will need to upload your plans for review. Please make sure your uploaded documents are unsecured and in PDF format.
- The maximum file size is 75MB. This should allow for most projects to upload their plans in 1 file. Be sure to double check that your plans attached correctly to your permit after payment.
- Please make sure that ALL departments listed on your permit have completed their reviews prior to resubmitting corrected plans or you will be subject to additional delays and possible multiple revisions to your plans
- Once approved your approved plans, permit documents, and Job Card will be attached to your permit and available online in your permit attachments.
- For additional information on what is required for Residential permits and plans see our Home Owners Guide to Residential Projects. For sample plans click here.
- Building Permit Application can be found here.
Permit Type “General Permit Requiring Plan Review Online” Sub Type Residential includes:
- New Single Family Dwellings
- New ADU or JADU Units (Accessory Dwelling Units) for additional information on ADU’s click here.
- Kitchen & bathroom Remodels (To see a plans example click here)
- Residential Repairs
- Electrical work (such as rewiring and outlets)
- Garages and Accessory Structures
- Retaining Walls
- Demolition of entire structures (all other demo work will be included along with your overall remodel project and will not be a separate permit)
- Swimming Pools(and modifications/repairs to existing pools)
- Hot Tubs
Permit Type “General Permit Requiring Plan Review Online” Sub Type Commercial includes:
- New Commercial, Mixed Use or Multi Family Buildings
- Tenant Improvements
- Commercial Pools
- Apartment remodels/ repairs
- Mixed Use Buildings remodels/ repairs
- Miscellaneous Commercial work
Permit Type "Temporary Outdoor Dining Area" (Commercial Parklet)
- This permit is for the use of commercial out door dining areas with vertical structures associated with the dining area.
- Engineered or Architectural plans will be required to be submitted for review.
- This permit will for a temporary use only. For additional information click HERE.
Encroachment Permits are needed for the following:
- Driveway Repair
- Landscaping near sidewalk
- Debris Boxes placed on the right of way.
- Storage containers (i.e. PODS) placed on the right of way.
- And many more. For additional information click HERE.