New Structures, Remodels, Additions, Decks, Repairs, Accessory Structures, Accessory Dwelling Units, Pools Etc.
Anyone can apply for a permit online, but if this is your first time applying, you will need to create a user account. These guides are available to help you: Homeowner, Attn Contractors: To apply for these permits you will need to have an account. If you do not already have an account for online permits click here to request one.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
All online “General Permit Requiring Plan Review Online” once received will be “Under Review” and could take up to 3 weeks for your initial review to be completed. If your plans received corrections or additional information is needed you can view those notices online in the permit portal. To resubmit corrected plans you will need to log into your account and go to your permit number to attached new items.
**Please make sure that all departments listed on your permit have completed their reviews prior to resubmitting or you will be subject to additional delays and possible multiple revisions to your plans**
**When applying for a “General Permit Requiring Plan Review Online”, you will need to upload Plans and Application for review. Please make sure your uploaded documents are unsecured and in PDF format.**
Building Permit Application can be found here.
For additional information on what is required for Residential permits and plans see our Home Owners Guide to Residential Projects. A sample plan for kitchen and bath remodels and a sample plot plan are available on this site as well.
Permit Type “General Permit Requiring Plan Review Online” Sub Type Residential includes:
- New Single Family Dwellings
- New ADU Units (Accessory Dwelling Units) for additional information on ADU’s click here.
- Kitchen & bathroom Remodels (To see a plans example click here)
- Residential Repairs
- Electrical work (such as rewiring and outlets)
- Garages and Accessory Structures
- Retaining Walls
- Swimming Pools(and modifications/repairs to existing pools)
- Hot Tubs
Permit Type “General Permit Requiring Plan Review Online” Sub Type Commercial includes:
- New Commercial, Mixed Use,, or Multi Family Buildings
- Tenant Improvements
- Commercial Pools
- Apartment remodels/ repairs
- Mixed Use Buildings remodels/ repairs
Permit Type "Temporary Outdoor Dining Area" (Commercial Parklet)
- This permit is for the use of commercial out door dining areas with vertical structures associated with the dining area.
- Engineered or Architectural plans will be required to be submitted for review.
- This permit will for a temporary use only. For additional information click HERE.