**ATTN CUSTOMERS** Effective 1/1/2023 all Fire Permits issued after this date will be valid for 2 years. If your permit is not Finaled by the expiration date you will need to pay a renewal fee.
Anyone can apply for a permit online, but if this is your first time applying, you will need to create a user account.
Property owners, Architects, Agents, etc: You can create an account in the permitting portal Here
Contractors: To apply for permits you will need to be logged into your account. To request an account click here if you do not already have one.
- Once your application is received it will be reviewed for compliance. This may take up to 7 working days.
- When applying you will need to upload your plans for review. Please make sure your uploaded documents are unsecured and in PDF format.
- The maximum file size is 75MB. This should allow for most projects to upload their plans in 1 file. Be sure to double check that your plans attached correctly to your permit after payment.
- Once approved your approved plans, permit documents, and Job Card will be attached to your permit and available online in your permit attachments.
- Fire Permit Application can be found here.
- Definition of Substantial Remodel and when Fire Sprinklers will need to be installed on existing buildings click here.
Residential and Commercial Fire Permits Online
- Fire Sprinklers
- Fire Alarm
- Hood Systems
- Underground Fire Line
- Tents and Canopies (application click here)
- Pyrotechnic Permits (application and required documents click here)
- Fire Clearance Inspections (for daycare, residential care and other similar facilities)
- Vegetation Management Permit. For additional information on what is required for this permit click here