The 2023-2031 HCD Draft Housing Element is here!
The City of San Rafael has released a Draft of its 2023-2031 Housing Element for public review. The document is referred to as the “HCD Draft” because it will be submitted to the State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for their review before it is adopted by the City. After the City receives HCD’s comments in early 2023, the document will be revised and a Public Review Draft will be considered for adoption.
The City is inviting public comments on the HCD Draft through December 5, 2022. Early comments are encouraged! The document may be downloaded through the links below:
- Title/Acknowledgements/Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Evaluation of Prior Housing Element
- Chapter 3: Housing Needs Assessment
- Chapter 4: Housing Opportunity Sites and Resources
- Chapter 5: Housing Constraints
- Chapter 6: Housing Action Plan / Capítulo 6: Plan de acción para la vivienda
- Appendix A: Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Analysis
- Appendix B: Housing Sites Inventory
- Appendix C: Public Participation Matrix (coming soon!)
The following upcoming meetings will be convened to consider this Draft:
- The San Rafael Planning Commission will convene a public meeting on November 15, 2022
- The San Rafael City Council will consider a request to submit the Draft to HCD for their review at their December 5, 2022 meeting
Revisions to the current Draft will be made prior to submittal to HCD to incorporate comments received at these meetings, as well as written comments received during this initial review period. Please check this website for updates, including information about upcoming meetings.
Written comments on the Draft should be submitted to email@example.com. Questions may be directed to Barry Miller, Consulting Project Manager at 415-485-3423 or Alexis Captanian, Housing Programs Analyst at 415-458-2392.