Climate change has been called one of the greatest challenges facing society today. Emissions from the transportation sector were responsible for the greatest percentage of our community's greenhouse gas emissions, followed by emissions from the building energy sector. What's one more thing you can do to make this world a better place tomorrow?
What can you do around your home?
Take the planet into consideration when you make decisions. What’s one more thing you can do to make your life a little greener? Take advantage of the programs at your fingertips to make your home more efficient and in many cases save costs on utility bills!
- Go Green Financing is an incentive and rebate program for homeowners that are looking to improve their home's energy efficiency. Eligible rebate measures include installing efficient windows, upgrading furnace and HVAC systems, sealing/replacing ducts, improving insulation, and more.
- The Marin Solar Program can help you begin the process of evaluating whether the installation of a solar system is suitable for your home or business. Staff can answer questions you may have before contacting a contractor.
- Solar & Energy Efficiency Programs: In an effort to expand available financing options for home and business owners looking to make energy efficiency upgrades, we authorized four Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program Providers for San Rafael. PACE makes energy and water efficiency projects like solar, heating or air conditioning system replacements, windows, or the installation of an electric vehicle charging station, more affordable and accessible for businesses and homeowners.
- BayREN Home Energy Advisor: Things like air drafts, moisture, mold, and poor indoor air quality can impact the comfort and health of your home and your energy bill. The Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) can help you save money, reduce your carbon footprint, and improve the health and comfort of your home with one simple call to a free home energy advisor.
- Water Conservation: Winter or summer, wet or dry, using water wisely is critical to ensuring a reliable supply for the future. To help residents save water and money, Marin Municipal Water District is offering rebates for high-efficiency toilets and clothes washers, lawn replacement, rain barrels, laundry-to-landscape graywater system components, and more.
- Zero Waste Marin: You can help Marin County reduce waste going to the landfill and achieve our Zero Waste goals. Check out their helpful resources, including tips and actions that you and your family can take to help the environment and your bank account – for years to come. You will also soon see the enormous positive impact you can have on our environment.