We are committed to being green. We believe in fostering economic activity that preserves and enhances environmental quality while using natural resources more efficiently. We are home to over one hundred Green Certified Businesses and counting.
The world is changing. We are now more connected than ever before. With increased knowledge of our impacts on the environment, we are focusing on the sustainability of our operations, residents, and businesses.
We have recognized a need to collaborate with businesses to meet its sustainability goals. Our Climate Change Action Plan, adopted in 2009, contains a number of items related to business sustainability. It is the our hope that we can work hand in hand with the business community to achieve the goals of the Plan.
Sample Climate Change Action Plan items related to Green Business:
- Polystyrene ban
- Electrical Vehicle charging stations
- Joining CaliforniaFIRST commercial PACE program
- San Rafael Airport Solar Feed-In Tariff
- Resilient business greening for profit program
- Participation with San Rafael Chamber Green Business Committee
- Marin Sanitary Service refuse rate structure analysis & zero waste implementation
- Single use bag ban
- SMART Rail Planning
- Pedestrian/Bike Infrastructure
- Investigation of the feasibility of a Climate Vulnerability Assessment