In response to community concerns about noise the San Rafael and Novato City Councils have established a Quiet Zone effective immediately. The train horn will not blow at railroad crossings.

Property Business License

Applies to apartments or certain other residential rental properties

For new license and changes of ownership, we offer online registration.

You can also use a printable PDF Application and submit it in person or by mail. Check out our property license instructions as well as our In Town Tax Schedule.

Note:  All residential rental properties with three (3) or more units are subject to the City's Periodic Housing Inspection Program.

Close window