The texting based Trip Tracker will be phased out effective 10/31/2022. Signup for the new program below.
San Rafael Commute Program
The City of San Rafael has joined the Transportation Authority of Marin to combine our commuter rewards programs. Track your trips in one convenient location online or via the app and get rewards and benefits for both programs!
Signup once to get all these benefits!
San Rafael Benefits
- Carpool Cabana: Car or vanpool often? Get a $75 gas card twice a year.
- Transit Bandit: Take the bus much? We'll give you a $75 gift card twice a year.
- Bicycle Schmicycle: Ride a bike to work and get a $75 gift card twice a year.
- Walker's Paradise: Walk to work and get a $75 gift card twice a year.
- Income Tax Savings Soiree: Use pre-tax dollars for vanpool and public transit (up to the IRS limit) with the Income Tax Savings Soiree. Order your pre-tax Commuter Benefits online through Commuter Benefits
- Park It Closer Carpool/Vanpool Parking Incentive: If you carpool or vanpool, get prime parking spaces at work.
- Charge It On Us Electric Vehicle Subsidy/Charging: Get $100 for purchasing an electric vehicle (EV) and reduced charging rates at City charging stations.
Marin Commutes Benefits
- Ride Match Roulette: Use Marin Commutes and find others to carpool, bike or walk with to work.
- Help! Emergency Ride Home: Provided by the Transportation Authority of Marin, this program helps you get home from work when family/home/work emergencies occur. The City will supplement the TAM reimbursement in the event that the trip home is longer than the TAM subsidy.
- Earn Rewards: Earn a series of gift cards for logging eligible trips, and enter drawings for even more prizes! Up to $500 per year. As few as 8 trips in a year qualify you for gift cards.
- Compete with coworkers: Earn badges, climb the leaderboard, and compete in challenges!
- Track your impact: See the difference your commute makes for your wallet, your health, and the environment!
All full-time and part-time employees are eligible for the program. Regular volunteers are eligible for Marin Commutes rewards and raffles.
New, Cheaper SMART Passes!
Do you live along the SMART Train route? Monthly pass are only $135 per month and are eligible for purchase with pre-tax dollars! Trips from Santa Rosa to San Rafael are only $12 round trip. Join fellow San Rafael employees who have already made the switch. Visit SMART's website to learn more and don't forget take advantage of pre-tax transit benefits!
How do I track my trips?
- Register for a Marin Commutes Rewards account or log in to your existing account.
- Log your green trips.
- Get San Rafael and Marin Commutes rewards!
How does the Emergency Ride Home program work?
The Marin Emergency Ride Home (ERH) Program provides a free ride home in cases of emergency for employees who use alternative transportation, such as carpooling, van-pooling, public transit, bicycling, and walking.
If an emergency arises (like when child is sick, bike got a flat tire, carpool partner left early, need to work late, etc.), here’s what to do:
- Let your supervisor know .
- Call a taxi, Lyft, or Uber.
- Pay for the trip, then submit this form to be reimbursed. Reimbursement will be provided by the Marin ERH program.
This program is administered by the Transportation Authority of Marin. Like everything else in life, there are rules, check them out.
In the event that the trip home is longer than what the TAM reimbursement allows, the City will supplement the rest. Contact Jennifer for the account code to use for your reimbursement request.
Each employee can be reimbursed for up to four ERH trips per year. No single trip can exceed $125 and total reimbursement may not exceed $500 per year. See the following for more details: ERH Program.
Brought to you by the Green Team