Please note:  City Hall and most departments/facilities will be closed from December 23rd through January 2nd. We will resume all services on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.

FAQ Topic: Dredging Umbrella Permits

Who are the agencies that must approve the permit?

The permitting agencies include the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC), the Regional Water Quality Control Board, California Fish and Wildlife, and the City of San Rafael.

What if there is contaminated material found in and around my private dock/marina?

Property owners with contaminated material in the sediment around their private dock/marina are responsible for the cost of disposing that material. Disposing of contaminated dredge material is more costly that disposing of clean dredge material. If the USACE detects higher than acceptable contaminant concentrations in the Federal Channel near the dredge area of a participating … Continued

Close window