LearnĀ  about facility hours and city services during COVID-19

Sewer Lateral

Any sewer lateral work that includes construction in the right of way requires an encroachment permit. A sewer permit from the San Rafael Sanitation District is also required. The standard minor temporary encroachment permit fee applies to any sidewalk repair required due to new private construction, see diagram below:

Map of encroachment permits and sidewalk work

Close window