SAN RAFAEL PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, July 28, 2020, 7:00 P.M.
Meeting ID: 897-5534-1830#
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
In response to Executive Order N-29-20, the City of San Rafael will no longer offer an in-person meeting location for the public to attend. This meeting will be streamed live through YouTube. Comments submitted via YouTube must be submitted according to the directions located on the YouTube video description. The City is not responsible for any interrupted service. To ensure the Planning Commission receives your comments, submit written comments to the Alicia Giudice, Principal Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org), prior to the meeting. For more information regarding real-time public comments, please visit our Live Commenting Pilot page at https://www.cityofsanrafael.org/live-commenting-pilot/.
Want to listen to the meeting and comment in real-time over the phone? Contact the City Clerk’s office at 415-485-3066 or by email to email@example.com to learn more about participation by telephone.
Any member of the public who needs accommodations should contact the City Clerk (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 415-485-3066) who will use their best efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible while also maintaining public safety in accordance with the City procedure for resolving reasonable accommodation requests.
Members of the public may speak on Agenda items.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT
APPROVAL OR REVISION OF ORDER OF AGENDA ITEMS
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION OF MEETING PROCEDURES
Anyone with an urgent communication on a topic not on the agenda may address the Commission at this time. Please notify the Community Development Director in advance.
1. Minutes, June 23, 2020
2. 10 Paul Drive – Request for a Use Permit to allow a medical office (ophthalmology practice) within an existing 2,378 q ft office space. The property is zoned Light Industrial/Office, which allows for conditional use of a medical office, with approval by the Planning Commission; APN: 155-151-35; Light Industrial/ Office (LI/O) District; Najafi Mohsen & Azaranu 2001 Trust Etal, Najadi Mohsen /TR/ & Etal, owners; Kathryn Najafi-Tagol, applicant. File No. UP20-008. Project Planner: Renee Nickenig
I. Next Meeting: August 11, 2020.
II. I, Anne Derrick, hereby certify that on Friday, July 24 2020, I posted a notice of the July 28, 2020 Planning Commission meeting on the City of San Rafael Agenda Board.
* Any records relating to an Agenda Item, received by a majority or more of the board or commission less than 72 hours before the meeting, shall be available for inspection in the CDD Dept, at 1400 Fifth Ave, Third Floor, San Rafael, CA
* Sign Language and interpretation and assistive listening devices may be requested by calling (415) 485-3066 (voice), emailing Lindsay.email@example.com, or using the California Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing “711” at least 72 hours in advance. Copies of documents are available in accessible formats upon request.
* Public transportation to City Hall is available through Golden Gate Transit, Line 22 or 23. Para-transit is available by calling Whistlestop Wheels at (415) 454-0964.
* To allow individuals with environmental illness or multiple chemical sensitivity to attend the meeting/hearing, individuals are requested to refrain from wearing scented productsTo allow individuals with environmental illness or multiple chemical sensitivity to attend the meeting/hearing, individuals are requested to refrain from wearing scented products.
THE PLANNING COMMISSION WILL TAKE UP NO NEW BUSINESS AFTER 11:00 P .M. AT REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS. THIS SHALL BE INTERPRETED TO MEAN THAT NO AGENDA ITEM OR OTHER BUSINESS WILL BE DISCUSSED OR ACTED UPON AFTER THE AGENDA ITEM UNDER CONSIDERATION AT 11:00 P.M. THE COMMISSION MAY SUSPEND THIS RULE TO DISCUSS AND/OR ACT UPON ANY ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEM(S) DEEMED APPROPRIATE BY A UNANIMOUS VOTE OF THE MEMBERS PRESENT.APPEAL RIGHTS: ANY PERSON MAY FILE AN APPEAL OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION'S ACTION ON AGENDA ITEMS WITHIN FIVE BUSINESS DAYS (NORMALLY 5:00 P.M. ON THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY) AND WITHIN 10 CALENDAR DAYS OF AN ACTION ON A SUBDIVISION. AN APPEAL LETTER SHALL BE FILED WITH THE CITY CLERK, ALONG WITH AN APPEAL FEE OF $350 (FOR NON-APPLICANTS) OR A $4,476 DEPOSIT (FOR APPLICANTS) MADE PAYABLE TO THE CITY OF SAN RAFAEL, AND SHALL SET FORTH THE BASIS FOR APPEAL. THERE IS A $50.00 ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR REQUEST FOR CONTINUATION OF AN APPEAL BY APPELLANT.
Select 'download' below to view the agenda packet