Planning Commission – April 25, 2023
7:00 pm City Hall
1400 5th Ave, San Rafael, CA, United States,
Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 7:00 P.M.
San Rafael City Council Chambers
1400 Fifth Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901
Watch on Webinar: https://tinyurl.com/PlanningCommission23
Watch on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cityofsanrafael
Telephone: 1 (669) 444-9171
Meeting ID: 815 0028 1975#
One Tap Mobile: US: +16694449171,, 81500281975#
|This meeting will be held in-person. The public may attend in-person or participate virtually using Zoom.
How to participate in the meeting virtually:
• Submit public comment in writing before 4:00 p.m. the day of the meeting to PlanningPublicComment@cityofsanrafael.org
• Join the Zoom webinar and use the ‘raise hand’ feature to provide verbal public comment.
• Dial-in to Zoom’s telephone number using the meeting ID and press *9 to raise your hand, and *6 to unmute yourself, then provide verbal public comment.If you experience technical difficulties during the meeting, please contact PlanningPublicComment@cityofsanrafael.org.
Members of the public may speak on Agenda items.
CALL TO ORDER
RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT
APPROVAL OR REVISION OF ORDER OF AGENDA ITEMS
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION OF MEETING PROCEDURES
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
Remarks are limited to three minutes per person and may be on anything within the subject matter jurisdiction of the body. Remarks on non-agenda items will be heard first, remarks on agenda items will be heard at the time the item is discussed.
The Consent Calendar allows the Commission to take action, without discussion, on Agenda items for which there are no persons present who wish to speak, and no Commission members who wish to discuss.
1. Approval of the Planning Commission Meeting Minutes of April 11, 2023
Recommended Action – Approve minutes as submitted.
2. Housing Element Adoption Resolution. Adoption of the San Rafael 2023-2031 Housing Element, Amendments to the Safety and Resilience Element of the 2040 San Rafael General Plan to comply with recent changes to State law, and Rezoning of certain properties for consistency with the 2040 San Rafael General Plan.
It is recommended that the Planning Commission:(1) Convene a public hearing on the Draft Housing Element, Safety Element Amendments, and Zoning Map Amendments.(2) Discuss the Draft Housing Element, Safety Element Amendments, and Zoning Map Amendments.(3) Approve the Resolutions Recommending Council Action on these items.
Any records relating to an agenda item, received by a majority or more of the Commission less than 72 hours before the meeting, shall be available for inspection online. Sign Language interpreters may be requested by calling (415) 485-3066 (voice), emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the California Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing “711”, at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Copies of documents are available in accessible formats upon request.
The Planning Commission will take up no new business after 11:00 p.m. at regularly scheduled meetings. This shall be interpreted to mean that no agenda item or other business will be discussed or acted upon after the agenda item under consideration at 11:00 p.m. The Commission may suspend this rule to discuss and/or act upon any additional agenda item(s) deemed appropriate by a unanimous vote of the members present. Appeal rights: any person may file an appeal of the Planning Commission’s action on agenda items within five business days (normally 5:00 p.m. on the following Tuesday) and within 10 calendar days of an action on a subdivision. An appeal letter shall be filed with the City Clerk, along with an appeal fee of $350 (for non-applicants) or a $4,476 deposit (for applicants) made payable to the City of San Rafael and shall set forth the basis for appeal. There is a $50.00 additional charge for request for continuation of an appeal by appellant.
Select ‘Download’ below to view Agenda Packet
San Rafael, CA 94901