7:00 pm City Hall
1400 5th Ave, San Rafael, CA, United States,
San Rafael Planning Commission Meeting
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
|CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
In response to Executive Order N-29-20, the City of San Rafael will no longer offer an in-person meeting location for the public to attend. This meeting will be streamed through YouTube Live. Comments submitted via YouTube Live must be submitted according to the directions located on the YouTube video description. The City is not responsible for any interrupted service. To ensure the City Council receives your comments, submit written comments to the City Clerk prior to the meeting. For more information regarding real-time public comments, please visit our Live Commenting Pilot page at https://www.cityofsanrafael.org/live-commenting-pilot/. Additionally, the video will be streamed to our website at www.cityofsanrafael.org/meetings.Want to listen to the meeting and comment in real-time over the phone? Contact the City Clerk’s office at 415-485-3066 or by email to email@example.com to learn more about participation by telephone.Any member of the public who needs accommodations should contact the City Clerk (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 415-485-3066) who will use their best efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible while also maintaining public safety in accordance with the City procedure for resolving reasonable accommodation requests.
Members of the public may speak on Agenda items.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT
APPROVAL OR REVISION OF ORDER OF AGENDA ITEMS
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION OF MEETING PROCEDURES
Anyone with an urgent communication on a topic not on the agenda may address the Commission at this time. Please notify the Community Development Director in advance.
- Minutes, February 25, 2020
- 104 Shaver Street – Request for a Use Permit, an Environmental and Design Review Permit and a Variance to allow the construction of a new, 7-unit, multifamily residential apartment building with associated site improvements (drainage and landscaping) on a 6,264 sq. ft. site. The proposed Variance would reduce the front (Shaver St.) setback, from 20’ to 15’, and the interior side setback, from 5’ to zero. The project also requests a Parking Modification to reduce the required on-site parking, from 8 to 7 parking spaces, and to increase compact parking, from 2 to 4 spaces. The project further requests 2 concessions, under the State Density Bonus law, to increase the maximum allowable lot coverage, from 60% to 65%, and to decrease the required street side setback, from 10’ to 8’; APN: 011-245-40; Multifamily Residential (HR1) District; Stevan Fontana for Vantana LLC, owner; Mike Larkin for Larkin Architecture, applicant; Downtown Neighborhood. (Project Planner: Steve Stafford)
- Election of a new Chair and Vice Chair for 2020 – Due to the resignation of the Commissioner formerly serving as Chair for 2020, a new Chair, and potentially a new Vice Chair, shall be elected for the remainder of this year’s term. (Project Planner: Alicia Giudice)
- Next Meeting: April 28, 2020.
- I, Anne Derrick, hereby certify that on Friday, April 10 2020, I posted a notice of the April 14, 2020 Planning Commission meeting on the City of San Rafael Agenda Board.
|Sign Language interpreters may be requested by calling (415) 485-3066 (voice), emailing Lindsay.email@example.com or using the California Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing “711”, at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Any records relating to an agenda item, received by a majority or more of the Agency Board less that 72 hours before the meeting, shall be available for inspection online.|
|The Planning Commission will take up no new business after 11:00 p.m. at regularly scheduled meetings. This shall be interpreted to mean that no agenda item or other business will be discussed or acted upon after the agenda item under consideration at 11:00 p.m. The Commission may suspend this rule to discuss and/or act upon any additional agenda item(s) deemed appropriate by a unanimous vote of the members present. Appeal rights: Any person may file an appeal of the Planning Commission’s action on agenda items within five business days (normally by 5:00 p.m. on the following Tuesday) and within 10 calendar days of an action on a subdivision. An appeal letter shall be filed with the City Clerk, along with an appeal fee of $325 for non-applicants or a $2,999 deposit for applicants made payable to the City of San Rafael, shall set forth the basis for the appeal. There is a $50.00 additional charge for request for continuation of an appeal by appellant.|