The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District (Bridge District) is starting a multi-year process to develop a new transit center for San Rafael. The current transit center will be affected by the extension of Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) system to Larkspur. Several government agencies are partnering to identify a new transit center site and configuration that will provide for the current and future mobility needs of San Rafael and Marin County.
As SMART is extended further south to Larkspur, the tracks will bisect the site where the San Rafael Transit Center (SRTC) is currently located. This will impact how buses and people will be able to access and travel through the site as well as the amount of space available for buses and riders. As a result, the transit center must be replaced in another location in downtown San Rafael. This is an opportunity to create a more accessible transit facility for all users and improve both connectivity and safety.
Learn About the San Rafael Transit Center Project
- Read, download, or print our Project Fact Sheet (en español).
- Take an online survey (en español) to tell us what you think about the four concepts under consideration.
- Attend a public meeting (listed below).
- Follow us on social media on Facebook (Golden Gate Transit) and Twitter (@GoldenGateBus)
- Sign up for project news and updates at our GovDelivery subscription page.
- Leave a message for the project team at (415) 257-4444 or email the team at SRTC@goldengate.org.