Considering the unexpected rain we’ve experienced these past couple of days, the idea of summer, water, and recreation seems far-fetched… but I thought I’d let you know that May is National Water Safety Month. As the weather warms up (although not likely this weekend), it’s important to use good judgment and be safe around water. Here are some water safety tips you can use with your family and friends:
- Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- If you go boating, wear a life jacket.
- Actively supervise children whenever in or around the water.
- Always stay within arm’s reach of young children and avoid distractions.
- Don’t use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision.
- Don’t leave objects such as toys in the pool that might attract a child.