Address: 110 Loch Lomond Drive
Project No.: ZC04-02, ED04-063, TS04-001, UP04-001
(Construction of subdivision, park improvements, utilities, and infrastructure):
Marina Village Associates, LLC
1999 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Attn: Thomas DiPrima
The Loch Lomond Marina. . .
Village at Loch Lomond Marina Mixed-Use Development. . .
Current Status. . .
- All of the subdivision improvements and utilities have been installed.
- The new Andy’s Market has been constructed and is open for business.
- The publicly accessible marina green, boardwalk and park facilities are complete and open for public use. In addition, the upgrades to the marina breakwater have been completed, which includes a paved public path that is accessible to the public. Outstanding recreation improvements yet to be constructed are a kayak dock (adjacent to the boat launch) and kayak launch (near the entrance to the breakwater). The kayak facilities are expected to be permitted and installed by late 2021.
- The seasonal wetland restoration has been completed and fenced to prohibit access to the area and to ensure protection of wildlife.
- The first phase of the residential development (“The Strand”) is completed. Forty-four (44) homes have been built and are occupied.
- Tru Mark Homes has purchased the second phase of The Strand, which consists of 32 homes. Building permit applications are in process and the homes are expected to start construction in Summer 2021.
- Tru Marin Homes is working with MVA to purchase and built the mixed-use building. It is expected that construction will commence in late 2021.
- A building permit has been issued for the development of a new harbormaster’s office. Construction is expected to be completed in 2021.
- City building permit applications have been filed for the approved boat repair/marina utility building and the refacing of the Loch Lomond Yacht Club. It is anticipated that the construction of these buildings will commence in spring 2021.
- At present, the marina boat fueling facilities are not in operation. City permits for the fueling facility are ready to be issued pending the approval of permits from other State and Federal regulatory agencies. New fueling facilities are expected to be on-line in the near future.
- The “CFD” Mello-Roos District established in 2010. The tax amount for the property owners within the marina district is confirmed and adjusted annually by the City Council. For new resident property owners in the “The Strand,” the assessment is capped at approximately $2,000 per residential unit, per year. The “below-market-rate” units are exempt from this assessment. The assessment will appear on the property owner’s tax bill commencing in November 2017. A link to the July 17, 2017 City Council staff report on the “CFD” is provided below under “Links for more information. . .”
- In 2020, the San Rafael City Council approved a new Subdivision Improvement Agreement for the development. The agreement sets forth terms and approved plans for improvements to the playground area on the eastern jetty and the entrance to the break water. These areas flood during peak storm events and King tides. These improvements which will remedy this periodic flooding are scheduled to commence in 2021 and be complete by early 2022.
Project Plans. . .
Project plans, as well as City files containing reports and technical studies are available for review at the City of San Rafael Department of Community Development, Planning Division.
Links to more information. . .
Point San Pedro Road Coalition- Loch Lomond Marina webpage: http://sprcoalition.org/