The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK December 4 – December 8
- Construction crews completed planting new street trees on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews worked in the median island on Second Street between G Street and East Street.
- Crews completed the lane striping and pavement markers.
- Crews will paint the turn arrows at Third Street and C Street and at Second Street and Marquard Avenue on Saturday, 12/9.
NEXT WEEK December 11 – December 15
- Crews will activate new traffic signals at Third Street and Brooks Street and at Second Street and Fourth Street.
- Crews will complete installing traffic signals.
- Crews will install center lane channelizers on Second Street.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.