The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK November 19 – November 22
- Construction crews continued planting new street trees on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews worked on activating pedestrian lights along Second
- Crews worked on miscellaneous sidewalk areas
- Crews converted B Street to two-way traffic on Monday 11/20. Be aware of changed conditions on B Street from Second Street to Fifth Avenue.
- No work will be performed on Thursday (11/23) or Friday (11/24).
NEXT WEEK November 27- December 1
- Crews will apply striping and markers.
- Crews will plant street trees on Third Street and median trees on Second Street.
- Crews will energize the pedestrian safety streetlights on Second Street between West Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Crews will activate new traffic signals at Third Street and Brooks Street and at Second Street and Fourth Street.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.