The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK November 6 – November 10
- Construction crews completed the paving restoration on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews painted new lane lines and crosswalks on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews reset manhole covers to the new asphalt surface on Second Street and Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and E Street.
- Crews worked on the new traffic signals at Second Street and East Street, Third Street and Brooks Street, and at Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- Crews began planting new street trees on Third Street.
NEXT WEEK November 13 – November 17
- Crews will apply new traffic striping and parking stall markers on Third Street from Union Street to Shaver Street, and on Second Street from Shaver Street to Fourth Street.
- Crews will continue planting street trees on Third Street, and median trees on Second Street.
- Crews will work on energizing the pedestrian safety streetlights on Second Street between West Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Crews will activate new traffic signals at Third Street and Brooks Street, and at Second Street and Fourth Street.
- On November 19th, B Street will be converted to a two-way street between Second Street and 5th Avenue. Please be alerted to changed conditions.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.