The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK October 30 – November 3
- Construction crews have completed the paving restoration on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews have been “cat tracking” the location and alignment of the new lane striping on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews reset manhole covers to the new asphalt surface on Second Street and Third Street, between Lincoln Avenue and E Street.
- Crews worked on the new traffic signals at Second Street and East Street, and at Third Street and Brooks Street.
NEXT WEEK November 6 – November 10
- Nightwork from 8:00pm to 6:00am. Please move vehicles out of the overnight closures areas to avoid being towed.
- Crews will apply new traffic striping and markers on Third Street from Union Street to Shaver Street, and on Second Street from Shaver Street to Fourth Street. This work will be performed at night beginning Sunday (11/5) at 8:00pm through Thursday (11/9) at 6:00am.
- Crews will continue to reset manhole frames and covers on Second Street and Third Street. Localized lane closures will be set up at the manhole locations.
- Crews will energize the pedestrian safety streetlights on Second Street between West Street and Miramar Avenue.
UPCOMING B Street Conversion
- In the near future, B Street will be converted to a two-way street between Second Street and Fifth Avenue. Please be alerted to changed conditions. More info will be provided when the work is scheduled.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.