The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK October 23 – October 27
- Crews reset manhole covers to the new asphalt surface on Second Street and Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and E Street.
- Crews replaced traffic signal heads on B Street between Second Street and Fifth Avenue. In the near future, B Street will be converted to a two-way street between Second Street and Fifth Avenue. Please be alerted to changed conditions.
- Crews have been “cat tracking” the location and alignment of the new lane striping on Second and Third Street. After review of “cat tracking” is completed, final striping will be placed.
NEXT WEEK October 30 – November 3
- Crews will continue to reset manhole frames and covers on Second and Third Street. Localized lane closures will be set up at the manhole locations.
- Crews will energize the pedestrian safety streetlights on Second Street between West Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Crews will be replacing signal lights at the intersection of Third Street and A Street. Lane closure at the intersection.
- Striping is scheduled to start on 11/6/23.
UPCOMING B Street Conversion
- In the next few weeks, B Street will be converted to a two-way street between Second Street and Fifth Avenue. Please be alerted to changed conditions. More info will be provided when the work is scheduled.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.