The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK
October 16 – October 20
- Wednesday night (10/18) – Construction crews placed a top lift of asphalt on westbound Second Street from Fourth Street to Shaver Street.
- Thursday night (10/19) –paving on Ritter Street from Third Street to Lincoln Avenue, Second Street at the intersection with Hetherton Street, and Fourth Street at Ross Valley Drive.
- Crews reset manhole covers to the new asphalt surface on Second Street and Third Street between Lincoln Avenue and E Street.
NEXT WEEK October 23– October 27
- Sunday night (10/22), construction crews will begin laying out the new lane striping. This operation will continue throughout the week. Lane closures will be required to safely layout the lane lines.
- Crews will continue to reset manhole frames and covers on Second Street and Third Street. Localized lane closures will be set up at the manhole locations.
- Crews will be working on energizing the pedestrian safety streetlights on Second Street between West Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Crews will be replacing signal lights at the intersection of Third Street and A Street. Lane closure at the intersection.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.