The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK
October 9 – October 13
- Monday night (10/9) construction crews resumed paving on Third Street between Union Street and Grand Avenue.
- Tuesday night (10/10) crews placed top lift of asphalt on Third Street between Grand Avenue and Cijos Street.
- Wednesday night (10/11) – crews placed top lift of asphalt from Third Street and Cijos Street to Shaver Street.
- Thursday night (10/12) crews placed top lift Westbound Second Street from Shaver Street to the Intersection of Second Street and Fourth Street.
NEXT WEEK October 16 – October 20
- Nightwork from 8:00pm to 6:00am. Please move vehicles out of the overnight closures areas to avoid being towed. There will be road closures with detours in place.
- Tuesday night (10/17) crews will pave on Ritter Street between Third Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- Wednesday night (10/18) paving operations will work on eastbound Second Street between Fourth Street and Shaver Street.
- Thursday night (10/19) paving operations will be completed on eastbound Second Street between Fourth Street and Shaver Street.
- During next week, the contractor will be resetting manhole covers to the new asphalt surface.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.