The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
NEXT WEEK – October 9 – October 13
- Nightwork from 8:00pm to 6:00am. Please move vehicles out of the overnight closures areas to avoid being towed. There will be road closures with detours in place.
- Beginning Monday Night (10/9), paving will resume on Third Street between Union Street and Hetherton Street. This will be the top lift of asphalt.
- Tuesday Night (10/10), crews will place top lift of asphalt on Third Street between Hetherton Street and C Street.
- Wednesday Night (10/11), crews will place top lift of asphalt from Third Street and C Street to Westbound Second Street entrance to Jack-In-the-Box.
- Thursday Night (10/12), crews will place top lift of asphalt from westbound Second Street from Jack-In-the-Box to the intersection of Second Street and Fourth Street. Then, switching directions, crews will pave eastbound Second Street from the Fourth Street intersection to Shaver Street.
- Friday (10/13), crews will repave Ritter Street from Third Street to Lincoln Avenue.
FOLLOWING WEEK October 16 – October 20
- Day crews will uncover manholes that have been paved over. They will reset manhole covers to match the grade of the new asphalt surface.
- Overnight detours will be put in place to direct motorists around the work areas.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.
The daytime hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.