There will be road closures with detours in place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK – September 25 – September 29
- Initial paving was completed from D Street west towards the Shell Gas Station where Second Street merges with Fourth Street.
- On Thursday night, crews picked up their operation and began paving west from Union Street near Montecito Plaza towards Heatherton Street, along the freeway.
- For Friday Night, paving will continue from Heatherton Street west to Brooks Street which will complete the initial paving.
- The initial pavement surface is 2 inches low, with temporary lane striping for two weeks, until final paving brings it up to finished grade. Please drive slowly through intersections where grade adjustments occur.
NEXT WEEK October 2 – October 6
- Crews will pave side streets and perform various repairs to smaller areas. Work areas include Ritter Street, Third Street at Ross Valley Drive, and the intersection of Second Street and D Street.
- The initial pavement surface throughout will continue to be 2 inches low, with temporary lane striping in place until final paving brings it up to finished grade.
FINAL PAVING WEEK October 9 – October 13
- Crews will begin final paving which will consist of a 2 inch overlay across all paved area within the project.
- Final striping will begin after final paving. Striping work will be done at night with lane closures.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.