NIGHTWORK BEGINNING TONIGHT – SEPTEMBER 22
The Third Street Rehabilitation project will begin nightwork paving in September 22nd, lasting a few weeks. Night work begins on Monday evenings at 8pm and ends Saturday mornings at 6am.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
BEGINNING TONIGHT – September 22
- Construction crews will begin paving operations on Third Street between the hours of 8 pm to 6 am.
- The Work will begin on Brooks Street, between A Street and Lindaro Street, and travel west toward E Street
NEXT WEEK September 25 – September 29
- Returning Monday night, paving will continue from East Street heading west towards Shaver Street.
- Crews will continue paving from Shaver Street towards the Shell Gas Station at the intersection of Second Street/Fourth Street/Marquard.
- Later in the week, crews will pick up their operation and move to Union Street, near Montecito Plaza, where they will head west towards Heatherton along the freeway.
- From Heatherton, work will continue west toward the beginning at Brooks Street.
- The pavement surface will be 2 inches low, with temporary lane striping for two weeks until final paving brings it up to finished grade.
FOLLOWING WEEK October 2 – October 6
- Crews will be paving side streets and performing various repairs to smaller areas. Work areas include Ritter Street, Third Street at Ross Valley Drive, the intersection of Second Street and D Street.
- The pavement surface throughout will continue to be 2 inches low with temporary lane striping until final paving brings it up to finished grade.
FINAL PAVING WEEK October 9 – October 13
- Crews will begin final paving which will consist of a 2 inch overlay across all paved area within the project.
- Final striping will begin after final paving. Striping work will be done at night with lane closures.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Street parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.” Please move your vehicles overnight.