The Third Street Rehabilitation project will begin nightwork paving in late September, lasting a few weeks.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK September 5– September 8
- Construction crews reset the streetlight at Third Street and Lindaro Street.
- Crews lowered manhole frames and covers in preparation of paving Second Street.
- Crews energized new intersection streetlights at Second Street and Shaver Street and at Third Street and Shaver Street.
NEXT WEEK September 11 – September 15
- Crews will install new traffic signals on B Street at the intersections at Second Street, Fourth Street, and Fifth Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on B Street at the intersections.
- Crews will begin lowering manhole covers and valve boxes on Third Street between Shaver Street and Union Street in preparation for the paving of Second Street. The work will require a lane closure on Second Street.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.