The Third Street Rehabilitation project will begin nightwork paving mid September, lasting a few weeks.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK August 28 – September 1
- Construction Crews continued replacing the sanitary sewer lateral at Third Street and Ritter Street.
- Crews reset the streetlight at Third Street and Lindaro Street.
- Crews replaced a section of the sanitary sewer main at Third Street and Grand Avenue.
- Crews activated the new traffic signal at Second Street and East Street. This is a changed condition so motorists should be alert.
NEXT WEEK September 5 – September 8
- No work will be performed Monday, September 4th, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- Crews will energize a new streetlight at Second Street and Shaver Street, and at Third Street and Shaver Street. The work will require a sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will install new traffic signals on B Street at the intersections of Second Street, Fourth Street, and Fifth Avenue. This work will require a lane closure on B Street at the intersections.
- Crews will replace a section of the sanitary sewer main at Third Street and Grand Avenue. This work will be performed at night, beginning at 8:00pm and finishing at 5:00am. The night work will require a lane closure on Third Street and a closure and detour of traffic on Grand Avenue, between Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews will lower manhole covers and valve boxes on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and Miramar Street in preparation for the paving of Second Street. The work will require a lane closure on Second Street.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.