The Third Street Rehabilitation project will begin nightwork paving mid September, lasting a few weeks.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK August 14 – August 18
- Crews continued replacing the sanitary sewer at Third Street and Ritter Street.
- Crews replaced various sections of sidewalk on Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews reconstructed the curb ramp and sidewalk at the southwest corner of Second Street and East Street.
- Crews adjusted signal heads at the northwest corner of Third Street and D Street.
- Crews replaced the damaged pedestrian push button at the northeast corner of Third Street and E Street.
NEXT WEEK August 21 – August 25
- Crews will install new pedestrian crossing signals at Third Street and Brooks Street. The work will require a sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will continue to construct the sanitary sewer main at Ritter Street and Third Street. This work will require a lane closure and sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will reconstruct a San Rafael Sanitary District manhole on Second Street at East Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- Crews will continue to replace the curb ramp at the southwest corner of Second Street and East Street. This work will require a lane closure on eastbound Second Street.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.