The Third Street Rehabilitation project will begin nightwork paving Sunday, August 27th, lasting a few weeks. Night work hours are 8 PM and to 6 AM, Sunday through Thursday. The work week will begin on Sunday evenings at 8 PM. The work week will end on Friday mornings at 6 AM.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK July 31 – August 4
- Construction crews replaced the damaged sidewalk, curb, and gutter at the intersection of Ida Street and G Street.
- Crews reconfigured the curb ramp at the northwest corner of Third Street and C Street.
- Crews resumed replacing the sanitary sewer at Third Street and Ritter Street.
- Crews replaced damaged paving on Third Street, between Irwin Street and Grand Avenue.
NEXT WEEK August 7 – August 11
- Crews will set new pedestrian signal heads at Third Street and Brooks Street. The work will require a lane closure and sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will remove and replace the damaged pavement on Third Street between Irwin Street and Grand Avenue. This work will require lane closures and lane shifts on Third Street, between Irwin Street and Grand Avenue.
- Crews will continue with the construction of the sanitary sewer main at Ritter Street and Third Street. This work will require a lane closure and sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will reconstruct a San Rafael Sanitary Department manhole on Second Street at East Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- On Wednesday (8/9) and Thursday (8/10) Crews will repave Ida Street and G Street. Both streets will be closed between Fourth Street and Second Street.
- On Friday (8/11) and Saturday (8/12) PG&E will remove the steel power poles along the north and south side on Second Street between Marquard Avenue and G Street. Hours of work will be 6am -6pm This work will require a lane closure in both the east and westbound directions.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.