The Third Street Rehabilitation project will begin nightwork paving in mid-August, lasting a few weeks. Night work hours are 8 PM and to 6 AM, Sunday through Thursday. The work week will begin on Sunday evenings at 8 PM. The work week will end on Friday mornings at 6 AM.
The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK July 24 – July 28
- Construction crews changed over the traffic signal light at Third Street and D Street.
- Crews replaced the damaged sidewalk, curb, and gutter along Second Street and Third Street.
- Crews replaced the sidewalk, curb and gutter and installed an ADA ramp on the corner of G Street and Ida Street.
NEXT WEEK July 31 – August 4
- Crews will set new pedestrian signal heads at Third Street and Brooks Street. The work will require a lane closure and sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will remove and replace the damaged sidewalk, curb, and gutter along Second Street and Third Street. This work will require lane closures and lane shifts on Third Street between B Street and C Street.
- Crews will resume the construction of the sanitary sewer main at Ritter Street and Third Street. This work will require a lane closure and sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will reconstruct a San Rafael Sanitation Department manhole on Second Street at East Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- Sonic Telecom construction crews willbe working on Third Street at Lincoln Avenue, including across from north to south. The work may require a sidewalk and a lane closure.
- Crews will replace the sidewalk, curb, and gutter on the northwest corner of C Street and Third Street. There will be an overnight lane closure on Third street and a daytime lane closure on C Street.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.