The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK July 17 – July 21
- Construction crews set new streetlights and signal lights at Second Street and East Street.
- Crews set new median streetlights on Second Street between Fourth Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Crews replaced the damaged sidewalk, curb, and gutter along Second Street and Third Street.
NEXT WEEK July 24 – July 28
- Sonic Telecom construction crews will be working on Third Street at Lincoln Avenue next week. The work may require a sidewalk and a lane closure.
- Crews will continue to set new streetlights on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar Avenue. The work will require a sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will continue to remove and replace the damaged sidewalk, curb, and gutter along Second Street and Third Street. This work will require lane closures and lane shifts on Third Street, between Grand Avenue and Irwin Street.
- Crews will reconstruct a San Rafael Sanitation Department manhole on Second Street at East Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.