The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK July 10 – July 14
- Construction crews set new streetlights and signal lights at Second Street and East Street.
- Crews set new streetlights and signal lights at Second Street and G Street.
- Crews permanently closed off the Jessup Street stairway.
- Crews located underground utilities by pothole excavation at Third Street and Lindaro Street.
NEXT WEEK July 17 – July 21
**** PG&E will be doing gas work on Saturday, July 22nd, on Second Street between G Street and Miramar Avenue from approximately 9am – 5pm. The work will require a closure to the southern eastbound lane. *****
- Crews will continue to set new streetlights at Second Street and G Street, and at Second Street and East Street. The work will require a sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will continue with work to permanently close off the Jessup Street stairway. This work will require a no parking area along the north curb of Second Street at the retaining wall.
- Crews will reconstruct a San Rafael Sanitation Department manhole on Second Street at East Street. This work will require a lane closure.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.