The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic
closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK May 29 – June 2:
- Construction crews pulled fiber optic cable along Third Street from Lootens Place to Shaver Street, and along Second Street from Shaver Street to East Street.
- Crews removed and replaced concrete curb ramps and sidewalk on Third Street from A Street to B Street.
- Crews removed and replaced concrete sidewalk and constructed new tree wells on Third Street between A Street and E Street.
- Crews replaced the underground storm drainpipe crossing Third Street west of B Street.
NEXT WEEK June 5 – June 9
- Crews will pull fiber optic cable along Third Street from Lootens Place to Shaver Street, and along Second Street from Shaver Street to East Street.
- Crews will replace concrete ramps and sidewalk at 830 Third Street (Walgreens). The work will require a sidewalk closure and pedestrian detours.
- Crews will replace sidewalk, curb and gutter and tree wells on Third Street from A Street to E Street. The work will require a lane closure and traffic lane shift.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.