The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (September 6 – 9):
- No work will be performed on Labor Day, September 5, 2022.
- Installed fiber optic cable and conduit by horizontal directional drilling at Third Street from E Street to D Street.
- Crews replaced the sanitary sewer by open trench method on Ida Street.
- Pouring of new sidewalks between West Street and Marquard Avenue for ADA improvements.
- Crews placed shotcrete for the retaining wall on Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Drilling crews drilled rock anchors for retaining wall on Second Street.
- Crews cleared upper slope to install Tecco Mesh slope stabilization.
NEXT WEEK (September 12 – 16):
- Continue the installation of streetlight and signal light foundations Second Street and Shaver Street.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: crews will continue installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method on Ida Street.
- Crews will replace concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on Second Street between West Street and Marquard Avenue.
- Crews will continue placing shotcrete for the retaining wall on Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Continue to install Tecco Mesh slope stabilization.
- Crews will place lane striping on Third Street between San Rafael High School and Union on Sunday Night/Monday AM, September 11th, 2023.
- Beginning September 6, 2022, PG&E will begin its electrical relocation project on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar Avenue.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is currently closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.