The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (September 26 – 30):
- Construction Crews replaced sidewalk sections at the intersections of Third and Shaver.
- Crews installed storm drainpipe and catch basins at the corner of Third and Shaver.
- Crews continued to replace the sanitary sewer by open trench method on G St.
- Crews placed sculpted shotcrete for the retaining wall on Second St. between East and Miramar.
- Drilling sub-Crews installed tecco mesh and anchors for slope stability above the retaining wall.
- Crews continued to set new signal poles and light poles at Third and D Streets.
- Crews continued boring for fiber optic cable on Third St. between Irwin and Grand Avenue.
NEXT WEEK (October 3 – October 7):
- Crews will replace curb ramps and sidewalk sections at the intersection of Second and Shaver. PLEASE ADVISE: This work will require a street closure on Shaver between Second and Third Streets.
- Crews will erect poles for streetlights and signal lights at Third and A St. PLEASE ADVISE: This work will require a lane closure on Third at A Streets.
- Crews will pour foundations for streetlights and signal lights at Third and Shaver streets. PLEASE ADVISE: This work will require a lane closure on Shaver between Second and Third streets.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: Crews will continue to install new sewer pipe and laterals, by open trench method on G St. PLEASE ADVISE: This work will require a street closure on G St. between Second and 4th.
- Beginning October 3, 2022, PG&E will relocate electrical lines on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar. PLEASE ADVISE: This work will require a lane closure on Second Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.