The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (August 29 – September 2):
- Nightwork: Crews completed installing new water main on Third Street.
- Installed fiber optic cable and conduit by horizontal directional drilling at Third Street from G Street to Hayes Street.
- Crews completed the sanitary sewer replacement by open trench method in the westbound lanes of Second Street from Ida Street to Fourth Street.
- Pouring of new sidewalks between East Street and West Street for ADA improvements.
- Crews formed new curb, gutter, and sidewalk on Second Street between West Street and Marquard Avenue.
- Crews erected form panels for the retaining wall on Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Drilling crews drilled soil anchors for retaining wall on Second Street.
- Crews began applying shotcrete on the new retaining wall on Second Street.
NEXT WEEK (September 6 – 9):
- No work will be performed on Labor Day, September 5, 2022.
- Continue the installation of fiber optic conduit and cable on Third Street from E Street to D Street.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: the crews will start installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method on Ida Street.
- Crews will replace concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on Second Street between West Street and Marquard Avenue.
- Crews will pave Tamalpais Avenue between Third Street and Fourth Street on Tuesday, September 6th, 2022.
- Crews will continue applying shotcrete to the new retaining wall.
- Beginning September 6, 2022, PG&E will begin its electrical relocation project on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar Avenue.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is currently closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.