The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (August 15 – 19):
- Nightwork: Crews trenched and installed new water main on Third Street between Irwin Street and Hetherton Street.
- Crews installed street light conduits and excavated for light pole foundations at Third Street and G Street.
- Continued sanitary sewer replacement by open trench method in the westbound lanes of Second Street from Ida Street to Fourth Street.
- Pouring of new sidewalks between East Street and West Street for ADA improvements.
- Crews erected form panels for the retaining wall on Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue.
- Drilling crews drilled soil anchors for retaining wall on Second Street.
- MMWD relocated fire hydrants on Second Street between East Street and West Street.
NEXT WEEK (August 22 – 26):
- Crews will complete trenching and installing new water main on Third Street between Irwin Street and Hetherton Street.
- Continue the installation of conduit and the excavation of light pole foundations at the intersection of Second Street and East Street.
- Crews will resume directional drilling of Fiber Optic Cable on Third Street.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: crews will continue installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method in the westbound lanes of Second Street from Ida Street to Fourth Street.
- Replacing concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on Second Street between West Street and Marquard Avenue.
- Continue drilling soil anchors for the new retaining wall on Second Street.
- Crews will start placing shotcrete retaining wall on Second Street.
- Saturday August 27, 2022 from 8:00am to 6:00pm, Crews will apply a slurry seal on the westbound lanes of Third Street between San Rafael High School and Union Street. Alternating lanes will be closed during the work.
- Beginning August 22, 2022, PG&E will begin its electrical relocation project on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar Avenue.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is currently closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.