The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (August 8 – 12):
- Nightwork for water service connections completed on Third Street between San Rafael High School and Irwin Street.
- Installed street light conduits and excavated for light pole foundations at Third Street and A Street.
- Continued the sanitary sewer replacement by open trench method in the westbound lanes of Second Street from Ida Street to Fourth Street.
- Crews reset utility boxes in preparation for sidewalk replacement between East Street and West Street for ADA improvements.
- Crews erected form panels for the retaining wall on Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue.
- PG&E continued undergrounding utility poles in the blocks of Marquard Avenue and G Street.
- Drilling crews mobilized and prepared the drill soil anchors for retaining wall.
NEXT WEEK (August 15 – 19):
- Continue the installation of conduit and the excavation of light pole foundations at the intersection of Third Street and Brooks Street.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: crews will continue installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method in the westbound lanes of Second Street from Ida Street to Fourth Street.
- Crews will demolish median island separating Ida Street and Second Street at G Street.
- Pouring of new concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on Second Street between East Street and West Street.
- Begin trenching and installing new water main on Third Street between Irwin Street and Hetherton Street.
- Crews will drill soil anchors for the new retaining wall.
- MMWD will relocate fire hydrants on Second Street between East Street and West Street.
- Beginning August 1, 2022, PG&E will start its electrical relocation project on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar Avenue.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is currently closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.