The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (July 18 – 22):
- Nightwork for the water main replacement continued on Third Street between San Rafael HS and Irwin Street.
- Installed street light conduits and excavated for light pole foundations at Third Street and Shaver Street.
- Continued with the sanitary sewer replacement by open trench method on Second Street from West Street to Marquard Avenue.
- Replaced curbs and sidewalks on Second Street between Ida Street and East Street and removed sidewalks between East Street and West Street as part of the ADA improvements.
NEXT WEEK (July 25 – 29):
- Continue the installation of conduit and the excavation of light pole foundations at the intersection of Third and E Streets.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: crews will be installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method in the eastbound lanes of Second Street from West Street to Marquard Avenue.
- Construction crews will be pouring the new concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on Second Street between East Street and West Street.
- Continue trenching and installing new water mains on Third Street from San Rafael High School to Mary Street.
- Beginning August 1, 2022, PG&E will start its electrical relocation project on Second Street from Fourth Street to Miramar Avenue.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida Street) is currently closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph: drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be placed to direct motorists through all work areas.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking”.
- There will be intermittent lane closures on Third Street and detours on A Street, B Street, C Street, D Street, and E Street. For businesses in this section of 2nd Street Ghilotti Bros. Inc., will help facilitate deliveries by providing traffic controls and flagging.
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.