The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
LAST WEEK (July 11 – 15):
- Nightwork for the water service connections continued on 3rd Street between Lincoln and Irwin.
- Installed street light conduits and excavated for light pole foundations at 2nd St. and Shaver St.
- Continued with the sanitary sewer replacement by open trench method on 2nd St. from West St. to Marquard, and continued to install laterals between Ida and West St.
- Replaced curbs and sidewalks with on 2nd St. between Ida and East St. as part of ADA improvements .
THIS WEEK (July 18 – 22):
- Continue the installation of conduit and the excavation of light pole foundations at the intersection of 3rd and Shaver St.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: construction crews will be installing new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method for the next two weeks in the eastbound lanes of 2nd St. from West St. to Marquard Ave.
- Construction crews will be pouring new concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on 2nd St. between Ida and East St. and replacing sidewalks between East and West St.
- Continue trenching and installing new water mains on 3rd St from San Rafael High School to Mary St.
- The stairway from 2nd Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on 2nd St. the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be placed to direct motorists through all work areas.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
- There will be intermittent lane closures on 3rd Street and detours on A Street, B Street, C Street, D Street, and E Street. For businesses in this section of 2nd Street, contracting crews will help facilitate deliveries by providing traffic controls and flagging.
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.