The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
LAST WEEK (July 5 – 8):
- Nightwork for the water service connections continued on 3rd Street between Lincoln and Irwin.
- Installing street light conduits by horizontal directional drilling (HDD) and excavating for light pole foundations at 2nd St. and East St.
- Continued with the sanitary sewer replacement by open trench method on 2nd St. from West St. to Marquard, and the installation of laterals between Ida and West St.
- Replaced curbs and sidewalks on 2nd St. between Ida and East St., including plug paving new curbs from Miramar to G St. as part of the ADA improvements at those corners.
THIS WEEK (July 11 – 15):
- Continue installing the conduit by horizontal directional drilling and excavating light pole foundations at the intersection 2nd and Miramar.
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation: the contractor will install new sewer pipe and laterals by open trench method for the next two weeks in the eastbound lanes of 2nd St. from West St. to Marquard Ave.
- Pouring of new concrete curb ramps and sidewalks on 2nd St. between Ida and East St. as part of the ADA improvements at those corners.
- Trenching and installing new water services on 3rd St. from Lincoln to Irwin.
- The stairway from 2nd Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on 2nd St. the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be placed to direct motorists through all work areas.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
- There will be intermittent lane closures on 3rd Street and detours on A Street, B Street, C Street, D Street, and E Street. For businesses in this section of 2nd Street, contracting crews will help facilitate deliveries by providing traffic controls and flagging.
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.