The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (June 20 – June 24):
- Continued nightwork for the water main replacement on Third Street between Lincoln Avenue & Irwin Street and from San Rafael High School to Mary Street
- Installed streetlight conduits at Second Street and East Street
- Continued the sanitary sewer replacement, by open trench method, on Second Street from East Street to West Street
- Constructed the new retaining wall on the south side of Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue
- Replaced storm drain pipe and inlet structures on Mary Street
- Replaced curbs and sidewalks at the intersections of Second Street & Shaver Street and Second Street & Miramar Avenue in preparation for ADA improvements at these corners
NEXT WEEK (June 27 – July 1):
- Installation of conduit by drilling at the intersection of Second Street and G Street
- This will require removing some sections of the sidewalk to excavate boring pits
- Safe pedestrian walkway will be maintained around these boring pits
- Sanitary sewer rehabilitation:
- Installation of new sewer pipe, by open trench method, for the next two weeks in the eastbound lanes of Second Street from West Street to Marquard Avenue
- Place rebar for the retaining wall by working in the eastbound curb lane of Second Street between Ida Street and Miramar Avenue
- Pour new concrete curb ramps and sidewalks at the intersections of Second Street & Shaver Street and along Second Street between East Street and Marquard Avenue as part of the ADA improvements at those corners
- Trench and install new water services on Third Street from Lincoln Avenue to Irwin Street
- The posted speed limit is 25 mph for the lane shift on Second Street
- Motorists should be aware of changed conditions and drive with caution
- Traffic controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking”
- There will be intermittent lane closures on Third Street and detours on A Street, B Street, C Street, D Street, and E Street
- For businesses in this section of Second Street, the City’s contractor, Ghilotti Bros. Inc., will help facilitate deliveries by providing traffic controls and flagging
Click on the map below to go to an interactive map:
For more information, visit the project website or contact the City at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.
Please note: all estimated timelines are tentative and subject to change.