The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (December 19 – December 23):
- Construction crews formed the stairs at the west end of the new retaining wall.
- Crews removed sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands on Second Street, between East Street and Ida Street.
- Crews replaced the sidewalk at the retaining wall along Second Street.
- Crews are replacing the sanitary sewer on Third from D Street to C S
- Crews began replacing the sewer on Third Street west of Shaver Street.
- Crews installed new traffic signal controllers at Second Street and G Street.
- Crews pulled new wire to pedestrian light on Second Street.
NEXT WEEK (December 26 – December 30):
- No Work will be performed on December 26 in observance of the holiday.
- Crews will continue removing sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands.This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second Street from West Street to G Street. Also, West End Avenue will be blocked at Marquard Avenue, and a detour will be set up.
- Crews will remove and replace the sidewalk along the new retaining wall on Second Street. This work will require curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the new wall.
- Crews will install a new pedestrian pushbutton at Third Street and C Street. This work will require curb lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will install new pedestrian lights along Second Street.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new electrical service on Second Street. This work will require lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer main on Third Street between Shaver Street and the intersection of Second Street and Third Street . This work will require a lane closure on westbound Third Street.
- PG&E will not be working on Second Street from December 27th 2022 to January 2nd
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the lane shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph. Drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert
- Traffic controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking”.
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.