The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (December 12 – December 16):
- Construction crews continued to form the stairs at west end of the new retaining wall.
- Crews continue removing sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands on Second between West and East Street.
- Crews continued to replace the sanitary sewer lateral on Third Street from D Street to C Street.
- Crews continued to install new traffic signal controllers at Second and East Street.
- Crews set pull boxes for new Fiber Optic Cable on Third Street between Lootens and C Street.
- Crews pulled new wire to pedestrian lights on Second Street.
NEXT WEEK (December 19 – December 23):
- Crews will continue removing sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second from West to G Street. Additionally, West End Avenue will be blocked at Marquard Avenue and a detour will be posted.
- Crews will remove and replace the sidewalk along the new retaining wall on Second Street. This work will require a curb lane closure and no parking adjacent to the new wall.
- Crews will install new traffic signal controllers at Second and G Streets. This work will require a curb lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will install new pedestrian lights along Second Street.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new electrical service on Second Street. This work will require lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will replace the sanitary sewer main on Second Street between the intersection of Second and Third Streets and Shaver. This work will require a lane closure on eastbound Second Street.
- From December 12th to December 16th, PG&E will relocate electrical lines on G Street between Second and Fourth Streets and at Second and Marquard Avenue, and on Second from East Street to G Street. This work will require a lane closure on Second St between East Street and G Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.