The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (November 28 – December 2):
- Construction Crews formed the stairs at the west end of the new retaining wall.
- Crews continued to remove sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands at the intersection of Second Street and Marquard Avenue.
- Crews began replacing the sanitary sewer on Third Street from D Street to C Street.
- Crews installed new traffic signal controllers Second Street and East Street and Second and Fourth Streets.
- Crews set pull boxes for new Fiber Optic Cable on Third Street between Lootens Place and C Street.
- Crews began installing new pedestrian light poles along Second Street between East Street and Miramar Avenue.
NEXT WEEK (December 5 – December 9):
- Crews continued forming and placing rebar for the stairs at the retaining wall.
- Crews will continue removing sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands.This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second from Marquard Avenue to East Street. Also, West End Avenue will be blocked at Marquard Avenue, and a detour will be set up.
- Crews will install new traffic signal controllers at Second and Fourth Street and Second and G Street. This work will require curb lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new fiber optic cable on Third Street. This work will require a lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will make repairs to the sanitary sewer lateral line on Third Street between D Street and C Street. This work will require a closure of the center lane on Third Street.
- From December 5th to December 8th, PG&E will relocate electrical lines on G Street between Second Street and Fourth Street and at Second Street and Marquard Avenue, and on Second Street from East Street to G Street. This work will require a lane closure on Second Street between East Street and G Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street, the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.