The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (November 21 – November 23):
- No work will be performed on Thursday 11/24 or Friday 11/25.
- Construction crews continued to form the stairs and west end of the new retaining wall.
- Crews continued to remove sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands at the intersection of Second Street and Marquard Avenue.
- Crews continued to replace the sanitary sewer at the intersection of Third and D Streets.
- Crews continued to reconstruct the sewer manhole at the intersection of Third and B Streets.
- Crews continued to install new traffic signal controllers at Third and C Streets.
- Crews set pull boxes for new Fiber Optic Cable on Third between Lootens Place and C Street.
NEXT WEEK (November 28 – December 2):
- Crews will continue to form and place rebar for the stairs and west end of the retaining wall.
- Crews will continue removing sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands.This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound Second Street from Marquard Avenue to East Street. Also, West End Avenue will be blocked at Marquard Avenue, and a detour will be set up.
- Crews will install new traffic signal controllers at Third and D and Third and E Streets.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new fiber optic cable on Third Street. This work will require lane closure and no curb parking.
- Crews will be making repairs to sanitary sewer on Third Street between A Street and Lootens Place. This work will require a closure of the center lane on Third Street.
- From November 28, 2022, to December 2, 2022, PG&E will relocate electrical lines on Second Street from East Street to G Streets. This work will require a lane closure on Second Street between East Street and G Street.
- The stairway from Second Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on Second Street: the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.