The City of San Rafael will be sending out weekly project updates with construction updates, traffic closure updates, and other relevant information for this project. To receive these updates, please sign up using the form at the left-hand side of the project website.
THIS WEEK (November 14 – 18):
- Construction Crews formed the stairs and west end of the new retaining wall.
- Crews continued to remove sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands at the intersection 2nd and Marquard Avenue.
- Crews continued to replace the sanitary sewer at the intersection of 3rd and C Street.
- Crews continued to reconstruct the sewer manhole at the intersection of 3rd and B Street.
- Crews installed new traffic signal controllers at 3rd and Brooks and 2nd and G Street.
- Crews continued to set pull boxes for new Fiber Optic Cable on 3rd between Lootens and C Street.
NEXT WEEK (November 21 – November 25):
- Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, no work will be performed on Thursday 11/24 or Friday 11/25.
- Crews will continue forming and placing rebar for the stairs and west end of the retaining wall.
- Crews will continue removing sections of pavement and median islands to construct bike lane separator islands. This work will require a lane closure and no parking on eastbound 2nd from Marquard to East Street. Also, West End Ave. will be blocked at Marquard, and a detour will be set up.
- Crews will install a new traffic signal controller at 3rd and C Street.
- Crews will install splice boxes for new fiber optic cable on 3rd Street. This work will require lane closure and no curb parking.
- From November 21, 2022, to November 23, 2022, PG&E will be relocating electrical lines on 2nd St from East Street to G Street. This work will require a lane closure on 2nd St between East Street and G Street.
- The stairway from 2nd Street to Jessup Street (south of Ida) is closed.
- For the Lane Shift on 2nd Street the posted speed limit is 25 mph, drivers should be aware of changed conditions and be alert.
- Traffic Controls (temporary signs, message boards, traffic cones, delineators and detour signs) will be put in place to direct motorists through the work area.
- Curb parking spaces will be marked “No Parking.”
The hours of work will be 6:00am – 6:00pm and lane closures 6:00am – 3:00pm on Third Street and Second Street westbound, and 9:00am – 6:00pm on Second Street eastbound.